Thelomathesian Society Campus Wide Account (CWA) Machines
The Thelmoathesian Society currently owns two CWA machines for student organizations to use in the Student Center. The machines were purchased with an Innovation Grant in order to assist with facilitating with the payment of organizational fundraisers, ticket sales, charity and class donations. Below is the usage policy for the machines and how your organization can go about reserving a machine for use int he Student Center.
CWA Machine Usage Policy
Appropriate items to sell with CWA Machine
- Apparel – This could include the following: shirts, tanks, hats, etc.
- Registration fees/Ticket costs – This could include on campus events like concerts, special lectures, registrations for University related runs/walks, or other fundraisers.
- Donating to Charities/Class Gift – Groups could collect donations for charity organizations, University campaigns, or class gift funds.
Inappropriate purchases with the CWA machine include but are not limited to:
- CWA cannot be used to purchase any tickets or registrations that may include the cost of alcohol.
- Sales solely for the benefit of an individual or organization not related to St. Lawrence University.
Additional information and requirements:
- The machines are available on a first-come, first-served basis to all St. Lawrence clubs and organizations.
- An organization may only reserve the machine for a maximum of three consecutive days.
- CWA machines cannot be kept overnight. The machine must be returned to the Student Center Information Desk during the following hours: M-TH 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. F& Sat 10 a.m. – 2 a.m. Sun 12 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- CWA machines must be used online (i.e. plugged into a data port).
- The usage of the CWA machines is limited to the Student Center. If they are being used at an table in the Atrium the organization should reserve a table next to the game room in order to utilize the data ports available in that location. Data ports are available on the left and right walls of the game room.
Checking out the CWA Machines
- The CWA machines have been purchased and are owned by Thelmo and SLUSAF. The usage of the CWA machines is overseen by the Office of Student Activities and Leadership.
- To use a CWA machine an organization must reserve the machine through Timberly Hewitt, x5775, SC227 in the Office of Student Activities and Leadership.
- For the days the organization has the machine reserved, the machine must be checked out at the Student Center Information Desk. At the time of check-out the individual taking responsibility for the machine must provide their contact information, including a phone number, a University budget code, and the time they plan to return the machine later that day.
- An inventory and condition check of the machine will occur when the machine is checked out and when it is turned back into the Information Desk.
When using the machine:
- It is imperative that the machine be plugged into a network port and that the machine's main screen reads "online." If the machine is not online you will not be notified if an individual does not have enough money in their CWA account for the transaction, nor will the transactions be uploaded to the main system (i.e. they will not be recorded).
- When using the machine you should also keep a handwritten transaction log (paperwork will be given to you when you check out the machine), so you have a record of the transactions you made.
- If you make a mistake while making a transaction, you must write the transaction on the void log provided. You cannot void a transaction on the machine. The void log must be submitted when you return the machine and any transactions that need to be voided will be handled by Student Financial Services.