1. Majors and minors may transfer into their major/minor no more than two approved courses from other institutions, St. Lawrence departments and programs outside the sociology department, or University-approved study abroad/away programs. Permission from the department chair is required for transfer.
2. Majors and minors may count no more than one 390 Independent Study toward their major/minor.
3. Majors and minors may count no more than two 290 Independent Study courses toward their major/minor.
4. No more than a total of two 290/390 Independent Study courses can be applied to the major/minor.
5. Core courses for the major (theory, research methods and Capstone seminars/projects) must be taken in the department.