Graduation Preparation Checklist: Undergraduates
- Complete the Undergraduate Declaration to Graduate online.
- Record your name in the Registrar's Office (or email a sound byte to email@example.com) if you believe that it may be mispronounced during the commencement ceremony.
- Check your transcript via the APR2 system to be certain that it is up to date and your major(s)/minor(s) are listed correctly. Please note that there is a major/minor declaration deadline of April 15th.
- Check with your advisor to confirm that you have met all requirements for your major(s)/minor(s).
- Attend the Senior Class Meeting.
- Complete the Senior Survey from Institutional Research. This is completed when picking up your cap and gown.
- Visit the Student Financial Services Office, Student Center 315, or call x5581 or x5569 to review your student account. No student will be graduated, allowed to participate in the May graduation exercises or receive a transcript of their records if they have not discharged all financial obligations to the University.
Prior to departing campus, you MUST do the following:
- Arrange a time with your CA to complete and sign the checkout portion of the Room Inventory & Inspection Sheet (failure to check out with a residential staff member results in loss of privilege to contest any room or community damage charges) - if you have difficulty contacting your CA, call your RC or the Residence Life Office (x5250).
- Return all library books (or you will be charged for them). Call x5815 if you have questions.
- Clear out your mailbox at the Campus Mail Center.
- Make arrangements with the loan clerk at Student Financial Services (x5422) for an exit interview if you have federal loans as part of your financial aid package.
- Contact payroll if you close your bank account before you leave campus .
- Make sure your address stays up to date for processing W2 information once you graduate.
- Return any equipment on loan from the Student Health Center (crutches, heating pads, etc.) to the Health Center (or you will be charged for them).
- Students in the MCNAIR, CSTEP or HEOP Programs need to complete a short exit form at the CSTEP/HEOP Office, Whitman Hall (x5580).
- Athletes must turn in locks and equipment to the Equipment Attendant in the athletic complex, x5796.