eSaint (APR) Student Basics
Below is some basic information on using the ESAINT web site and preparing for advising and registration.
SIGNING ON-The web address is https://esaint.stlawu.edu/ . Your login id and password is the same as that used for network login and email.
NOTE: After logging in you may see an 'Emergency Contact' screen instead of the usual 'Welcome' screen. If you do, please complete the information requested so that the University has current information on file in case of emergency. Once you submit (or skip) this screen the usual 'Welcome' screen will appear.
- HOME PAGE – Watch for messages here regarding new features of esaint . The left hand column displays links to other web pages of interest
- APR - This is the tab you will use for registration and access to your academic record
- Left-Hand Column – Indicates any holds that would prevent registration (if there is a Yes displayed, click on it for information on who to contact), the dates and time registration is available for you and various online resources for registration
- Center – messages and reminders from the Registrar’s Office regarding registration and grades, an email link for reporting problems with APR
- Right-hand Column - a list of any new features added to the system
- APR Menu – across the top of the page. (see below for using the menus to register, view your transcript etc.)
- Pay for Print – To view your Pay for Print Statement
- My Info –To view information on your campus mailbox and combination.
You can view courses in your Working List at any time by selecting My Working List from the Student Tools menu. Initially your working list will be blank.
- To Find Courses
- Click on the Course Listing menu
- Click in the radio button to select a category (department or distribution are the best choices to begin)
- Select the department(s) or distribution area(s) of interest, then click on the Submit button to view courses in that group. Note that you may highlight as many departments or distributions as you’d like at one time by pressing the <Ctrl> key as you click on the selection.
- To Move Courses to your Working List
- Click in the box located in the Select column of the course, then click on the Add to My Working List button.
- To review your working list
- Click on the GO to Working List button
- The number of open seats in each course is listed in two columns to the right of the course name. The columns are labeled “Open” and “Reserved. “Open” refers to seats in the class open to anyone. “Reserved” refers to seats available but only open to certain students; typically they are restricted by class year and/or major/minor status. Sometimes these seats have been reserved for you—first-year students! Click on the number in the “Reserved” column, and a box with the restrictions will appear at the top of the page. ”. Note that all of the upperclass students have already registered so many courses have no seats left.
- To the far right, you will find the “Pre-Reqs” column; a “y” indicates that the course has a prerequisite. Given that you are brand new to SLU, you most likely do not have the prerequisite unless you have transfer credits.
Course Information - This area is the online equivalent of the printed Course Schedule. It can be sorted by clicking on the desired column heading. View details on restrictions, pre-requisites, reserved seats etc. by clicking on the links. Each course listing includes the following information and links :
- Course-link for course description in the university catalog. Note that if is a Special Topics Course (SPTP) the link goes to the department web page. You must then click on the link at the top of the page for 'semester specific courses'.
- Open-number of seats open with no restrictions. Updated after each registration cycle.
- Reserved- number of seats "saved" for students in particular class years of majors/minors or class years restricted from taking a seat.. Updated after each registration cycle. Click on the number to view the reservations/restrictions.
- Enrolled-number of seats already registered. Updated after each registration registration cycle.
- Unit – amount of credit
- Distribution – area of distribution/diversity credit
- Instructor - only one instructor is listed for team taught courses.
- Restriction - Click on the link for details.
- Pre-Rreq Yes/No - click on the “Y” to view prerequisites.
- Location - building and room where course will be held
- My Advisor- Lists each of your advisors. You may e-mail your advisor from this screen.
- My Emergency Contact - Displays the current emergency contact information on file for you. You can update this information at any time.
- My Planning Portfolio- This a place where you can share documents with your advisor. When adding a document there is a privacy setting to if you wish to keep the document private and not share it with your advisor.
- My Schedule- This is an electronic scheduling facility. Final course registrations will be automatically entered into the calendar.
- My Transcript – You can view your unofficial transcript online or download a copy as a .pdf file. Note: Transcripts cannot be accessed after graduation).
- Working List- This is the core of the registration system. Courses you select from the course list to move to your working list will display here. To take some action select courses from the list and choose one of the menu options:
- Move Selected to Request List - Use this to request courses for registration. The system will check for time conflicts with any courses already in your request list. The system does NOT check that you have met the pre-requisites before you request a course so be sure you check this yourself.
- Remove Selected from Working List
- Create a Sample Schedule from Selected - Use this feature to select several courses and get a visual view of what that schedule would be.
- Archive Selected Courses - Use this feature AFTER registration if you want to keep a list of the courses for future reference. Perhaps the following semester it would be helpful to review what you and your advisor had selected as possible courses!
- Remember that you can also print a copy of your enrollment verification should you need one (after you are enrolled in courses, of course!). The link for this is in the left-hand column.