Festivals of Science, Scholarship Take Place April 28
St. Lawrence University held its Festival of Science and its Festival of Scholarship and Creativity together on Friday, April 28, across campus.
The Festival of Science took from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in Eben Holden. There were two oral presentation sessions in Eben North, where about 10 students delivered presentations on a variety of science, mathematics and computer science topics. The first session began at 9 a.m. and the second at 11:30 a.m. There were also two poster presentations in the main hall, both with nearly 40 students presenting during each session. The first began at 10:15 a.m. and the second at 12:30 p.m.
The Festival of Scholarship and Creativity began at 9 a.m. with oral presentations in the Eben Holden Conference Room, followed by poster presentations from 12:30 to 1:30 in Eben South.
Other presentations included:
- First-Year Seminar Research Exchange, 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. in Owen D. Young Library
- Class and departmental presentations, 1:45 to 3:15 p.m. across campus
- Center for International and Intercultural Grant Presentations, 3:15 to 4:45 in Carnegie Hall 10
- Music recitals, 4:30 to 6 p.m. in Peterson-Kermani Performance Hall
- Senior Art Show Opening Reception, 5:30 to 7 p.m. in the Richard F. Brush Art Gallery
- Spring Dance Concert, 8 to 9:15 p.m. in Gulick Theatre (free tickets required)
There will be no classes at St. Lawrence during the festivals in order to recognize student accomplishments. On Saturday, April 29, Moving-Up Day celebrated student achievements in academics and co-curricular activities as well as a symbolic “moving-up” of students to seats vacated by students a year ahead of them.