Fall Dance Concert to Take Place Dec. 6 & 7
St. Lawrence University will feature its fall dance concert series, Reflections, which will be performed Friday, Dec. 6, and Saturday, Dec. 7, with a free preview on Thursday, Dec. 5.
The dance concert will feature a number of acts choreographed and performed by St. Lawrence faculty and students:
- “Time to Dance,” choreographed by Adjunct Instructor Kerri Canedy, will feature students from the PCA 235 Jazz Dance class with music from Pure Heroine.
- “Child’s Play,” choreographed by Canedy and students from the PCA 230 Modern Dance class, will feature music from CocoRosie.
- “Off to the Race” is choreographed by Seirra Caramia ’15 and will feature the music of Lana Del Rey.
- “No Man’s Land,” choreographed by Canedy, will feature students from the PCA 230 Modern Dance class with music from Ben Howard.
- “Shaabi Girls,” choreographed by Mohamed Shahin and Kimberly Guillen ’14, will represent street dancing found in Cairo, Egypt.
- “Standing Together,” choreographed by Canedy, will feature students from the PCA 235 Jazz Dance class.
- “Arabian” is choreographed by Catherine Flores ’16 and Nicole Sullivan ’16 and will feature music from Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker Suite.
- “Compass and Map” is choreographed by Jannette Tario ’14 and will feature the Swing Club dancers.
- “Egyptian Delight” is choreographed by Adjunct Instructor Jessica Stewart and will feature students from the PCA 213 Special Topics in Theatre and Performance Studies class.
- “Be Strong” is choreographed by Dominique James ’17 and will feature the music of Sara Bareilles.
- “Time?!” choreographed by Canedy, will feature students from the PCA 230 Modern Dance class with music from Young Hunting.
- “Ghosts in the Machine,” is choreographed and will be performed by Canedy and Viebranz Visiting Professor of Creative Writing Kirsten Kaschock.
- “Refracted,” choreographed by Canedy, will feature the music of Arvo Pärt.
- “Different Kind of Buzz,” choreographed by Canedy, will feature students from the PCA 235 Jazz Dance class.
The dance performance will begin at 8 p.m. Dec. 6 and 7 in the St. Lawrence’s Gulick Theatre. Admission is free, however tickets are required and can be obtained from 1 to 5 p.m. Dec. 2 to 6 at the Gulick Box Office.
A preview performance will take place beginning at 8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5. No tickets are required.
For more information, call 315-229-5748 or visit www.stlawu.edu/performance-and-communication-arts.