SLU Springfest Weekend April 19-20
St. Lawrence University welcomes students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members for Springfest Weekend, Friday, April 19, and Saturday, April 20. The event is free.
Schedule of Events
Friday April 19
North Country Folk Celebration, 2 – 10 p.m.; Sullivan Student Center
Presented by the SLU Greenhouse
Coming together through music to celebrate the community, traditional skills and land of the North Country
- Local artisans and a local theme dinner
- Music by Chris LaVancha, Carlos Gomez, Alpine Zeros, Alex Smith, Contra Dance, Bingotown Couch Parade, Swimming with Champy and The Blind Owl Band
Saturday April 20
Springfest Main Event
12 – 4 p.m.: Millennial Way - Springfest Novelties
Mechanical bull, adrenaline obstacle course, sports dome/obstacle course and a green screen photo booth.
4 p.m.: Music Festival on Intramural Fields
4-5:30 p.m.: Cabinet
5:30-7 p.m.: Kiwi Roots
7-8 p.m.: State Radio
8-9 p.m.: Sound Remedy
- Lot J on campus will be closed. A shuttle will be available from the Appleton Dirt Lot. Please move vehicles by Thursday, April 18.
- Tailgating is strictly prohibited in accordance with University policy.
- If crossing Park Street, please use caution and use designated crosswalks.
Items Not Permitted in Concert Venue—Intramural Fields
- Backpacks or bags
- Food or beverages (water stations provided)
- Weapons of any kind
- Professional cameras or recording devices
- Video recording of any kind
- Laser pointers
- Large containers of any kind
- Cigarettes and/or lighters/matches
- Glass bottles or tin cans
Any of these items will be confiscated at the entrance by St. Lawrence University Safety & Security.
Athletics Facilities Adjusted Hours
- The Intramural Field will be unavailable Friday, April 19, and Saturday, April 20.
- The athletics facilities will close at 8 p.m. on Saturday, April 20.
About Sound Remedy
Sound Remedy is an American electronic music producer based out of Los Angeles. Hailing from Chicago, SR has been crafting his sound since the age of 16, but started to produce music fulltime only two years ago. Despite obtaining a degree in finance from one of the nation's elite business schools, SR opted to take a risk and pursue his true passion, music. Because both of his parents are graduates of Juilliard School of Music and full-time Chicago Symphony Orchestra players, this decision may have been in the cards all along.
In 2012, Sound Remedy has been commissioned to remix for such artists as Hermitude (EMI UK) and Superbus (Polydor France). He has also written original music for commercials premiering during NBA championship games, played shows across the US, and seized the blog world by storm with multiple hype machine topping tracks.
Sound Remedy has made a name for himself by composing tracks that defy the laws of traditional dance music. His epic creations can be likened to enthralling musical journeys that captivate the listener from start to finish. There is truly no end in sight when it comes to the rapid growth of the Sound Remedy movement.
Posted: April 19, 2013