Requirement for the German Studies minor:
Students minoring in German Studies are required to complete six units beginning with German 101 through 202. In addition to completing four language courses, students may take two German Studies courses taught in the department in English, or when no German Studies course is offered by the department in a given semester, students may select a course from the list of approved courses attached below. Students studying in Vienna may earn up to three credits toward the completion of the minor, one for the German language course and two for general German Studies courses offered by the Vienna program. Those participating in an ISEP program may earn up to three credits toward the completion of the minor for courses approved by the department.
AP Credit: students who have earned a 4 on the AP exam will receive credit for GER101; those who have earned a 5 will receive credit for GER101 and GER102.
List of courses from other departments approved tor the German minor:
Art and Art History
- 117: Survey of Art History II
- 203: Art of the Northern Renaissance
- 204: Baroque and Rococo Art
- 207: 19th Century European Art
- 252: History of Modern European Art
- 206: Political Theory 330: European Politics.
- 347: Marxist and Critical Theory
- 205: Nineteenth-Century Europe
- 206: Twentieth-Century Europe
- 211. Women in Modern Europe, 1750 to the Present.
- 267: The Holocaust
- 372: European Identities, 1700-2000
- 375: Colloquium in European History
- 333: Mozart and the Classical Tradition
- 335: The World of Clara and Robert Schumann
- 100: Introduction to Philosophy
- 203: Ethical Theory 208: Modern Philosophy