Requirements for the Arabic Studies Minor:
Students minoring in Arabic studies are required to complete a total of six courses, four of which are language courses, and two of which are from the list below. Special topics related to the Arabic culture and Arabic world taught in other disciplines count toward the minor.
Two of the four language classes must be taken on campus.
If Arabic is also part of a Multi-language major, students are required to take two additional classes for the minor in Arabic Studies.
- All classes in Jordan can count toward the minor
- Arabic 101, 102 - Elementary Arabic
- Arabic 103, 104 - Intermediate Arabic
- Arabic 201 - Advanced Arabic
- Arabic 489, 490 SYE - Independent study
- Global Studies 350 - Global Palestine
- Global Studies 330 - Palestinian Identities
- Government 290A - Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- Government 331- Politics of the Middle East
- History 160A - Intro to the Islamic World
- History 247B - SPTP: 19th Century Middle East
- History 260 - History of the Middle East
- Religious studies 224 - Islamic Religious Traditions.
- Religious studies 266 - History of the Middle East, 1914-1967
- Religious studies 367 - History of the Middle East 1967-present