Student Research Assistants will work at the ODY Help Desk and will provide first level research assistance to library patrons. They will help patrons:
- Formulate a research strategy;
- Effectively search indexes, databases and the online catalog;
- Locate library materials;
- Obtain materials through ConnectNY and Interlibrary Loan; and
- Understand library services, policies, and organization.
Student Research Assistants will be responsible for referring more complex questions to a Reference Librarian for follow-up, and for scheduling one-on-one Research Consultations between patrons and librarians.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Interest in and enthusiasm for helping others
- Demonstrated research and computer skills
- Peer-tutoring experience a plus
Estimate on a scale of 1 to 10 of the relative level of:
Skill required 10
Level of effort 10
Stress/Working Conditions 9