Growing Green: The Transition to a Sustainable Landscape
This forum will be open to the campus and Canton communities, with the goal of promoting discussion about the importance of the grounds, and the practices, policies, and care that go into making them the beautiful outdoor space we all have the privilege of enjoying every day.
Topics of discussion:
- The importance of the grounds to those of us who live and work here
- Perceptions of the grounds held by the surrounding Canton community
- Sustainable landscaping endeavors implemented in the past
- Current initiatives helping the St. Lawrence grounds become more sustainable
Invited speakers include:
- Marcus Sherburne, Grounds Manager, SLU
- Dr. Tom Greene, Professor and Chair, Psychology Dept, SLU
- Dr. John Greene, Professor Emeritus, Biology Department, SLU
- Kathy Curro, Retired Canton School Principal/Teacher, Community Member
- Moderator: Erik Cooper '12, Thelmo Delegate to the Conservation Council
Thanks to generous donations made by Coakley Ace Hardware and Triple A Hardware, door prizes will be given during the presentation.