Appendix - Transportation
- 1United States, Federal Highway Administration, Office of Highway Information Management, United States, Federal Highway Administration, and Office of Highway Policy Information. Highway statistics. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, 2005. Available online from table VM-2
- 2Banker, Claude. 2003. E-mail regarding cost of parking lot construction at St. Lawrence University, Canton, NY.
- 3United States. National Household Travel Survey. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Transportation, 2004.
Middlebury College and Transportation
- This link is about Middlebury College and how they lease electric vehicles from a local company. It states a few challenges with the vehicles such as not being able to go as far. The departments that use the vehicles provided funding for this.
SLU Success Stories:
- The University has purchased a Toyota Prius hybrid for the St. Lawrence fleet and two hybrid Toyota Highlanders for the University coaching staff.
- Facilities/ Operations has implemented a no idle policy for its vehicles. When workers leave a vehicle it must be shut off.
- The University has instituted a Green bikes program. The Green Bikes Program at SLU allows for students, faculty and staff to take a bike out on loan to use for a day. This provides an alternative form of transportation to using a car on campus reducing CO2 emissions while also providing an incentive to exercise.