Leadership gifts from alumni, parents and friends made up almost 77% of the total dollars raised for the St. Lawrence Fund last year, accounting for $4.4 million of the more than $5.74 million raised. Our leadership giving society begins at the Founders' Society level ($1,500-$1,855).
Personal contacts are made in the fall and spring to alumni of each committee member's choosing. It's a great way to continue your support of your alma mater, connect with fellow alumni, and stay updated on the University at the same time!
If you'd like to join the committee, please contact Beth Dixon, Associate Director of Annual Giving, at email@example.com or (315) 229-5077.
Leadership Gifts Committee Chairs
Jane Appleby '71
Scott Stewart '81
Leadership Gifts Committee Members
Norm Abbott '65
Roger Brandt '80, P'09
Adam Casler '06
Anne Farris Cassidy '74
George Colclough '66, P'98
Helen "Aitchie" Ellison '45, P'77, '79, '82
Carol Lancaster '71
John Manning '10
Dan Posener '82
Phil Sprague '80, P'11
Rick Stone '79, P'11
The specific duties of each committee member are:
- To make a leadership gift during the fiscal year (payable by June 30). Leadership by example is critically important to the success of the Committee.
- To encourage and secure gifts, by telephone or personally, from 5-7 leadership donors in the fall and again in the spring on behalf of the St. Lawrence Fund.
- To complete phone follow-up in the spring to those who have not fulfilled pledges.
- To assist the Annual Giving staff in identifying new leadership prospects.
- To assist the Annual Giving staff in thanking leadership donors.