1. Students will recognize how gender is interrelated with other social hierarchies such as race, ethnicity, class and sexuality.
2. Students will gain a critical understanding of the intersectional impact of gender, race, ethnicity, social class and sexualities in their own lives.
3. Students will gain critical awareness of the intersectional impact of gender, race, ethnicity, social class and sexualities in society.
4. Students will develop the ability to take account of gender-, race- and sexuality-based inequality and oppression as engaged, critical, self-aware citizens concerned with addressing issues of social justice locally and globally.
5. Students will demonstrate an ability to analyze how gender, sexuality, race, ethnicity and social class are socially constructed through feminist theories, methodologies and paradigms.