1. Students will recognize how gender is interrelated with other social hierarchies such as race, ethnicity, class and sexuality.
2. Students will gain a critical understanding of the impact of gender and sexualities in their own lives.
3. Students will gain critical awareness of the impact of gender and sexualities in society.
4. Students will develop the ability to take account of gender inequality and sexuality-based oppression as engaged, critical, self-aware citizens concerned with addressing issues of social justice locally and globally.
5. Students will demonstrate an ability to analyze how gender and sexuality are socially constructed through feminist theories, methodologies and paradigms.