Events, Spring 2015
- Reception for the artists, Thursday, January 15, at 7:00 p.m.
- Film screening of Nontraditional, with introductory comments by writer and director Brian Hauser, Monday, February 9, at 7:00 p.m., in Griffiths 123 -- Please note the new date!
Between Midnight and Dawn
Midcentury Noir and Crime Film Posters
- Gallery talk with curator Mark Fertig, Monday, March 2, at 7:00 p.m.
- Opening reception, April 24, at 5:30 p.m., in the gallery
Poetry for Peace
Readings are held on Mondays at 4:30.
- January 26 (North Country Poets) - Gallery
- February 16 (Historical Memory) - Gallery
- March 25 (World Languages Week - Food and Culinary Traditions) - Carnegie 10
- April 27 - Gallery
Please come to read a poem you've written, a poem by a favorite poet, or just to listen to poems on a different theme. And bring your friends! You are welcome to read poems in languages other than English, but you should provide an English translation as well. Because we believe the empathetic community created by sharing ANY kind of poetry can lead to peace and social justice, we welcome all poems, not just those that touch directly on those themes. Poetry for Peace readings are eligible for the First Year Cup.
Poetry for Peace is active on facebook!