Events, Spring 2016
- "Elephant Ballet, The Swan Song of Edward Gorey,” lecture by James A. Edwards, exhibition curator, Monday, February 8, at 7:00 p.m., Griffiths 123
- Rough cut screening (ongoing), “The Last Days of Edward Gorey,” documentary film by Christopher Seufert
- Discussion with Evelyn Jennings and students, Monday, March 7, at 7:00 p.m, in Griffiths 123, with reception to follow
- Gallery discussion Susan Willson and students, Monday, March 14, at 4:30 p.m., with reception to follow,
Poetry for Peace
Readings, with one exception, are held on Mondays at 4:30.
- Monday, January 25, Gallery
- Monday, February 22, Gallery
- Wednesday, March 30, Carnegie 10, to celebrate World Language Week
- Monday, April 11, Gallery
- Monday, May 2, Gallery
Please come to read a poem you've written, a poem by a favorite poet, or just to listen to poems on a different theme. And bring your friends! You are welcome to read poems in languages other than English, but you should provide an English translation as well. Because we believe the empathetic community created by sharing ANY kind of poetry can lead to peace and social justice, we welcome all poems, not just those that touch directly on those themes. Poetry for Peace readings are eligible for the First Year Cup.
Poetry for Peace is active on Facebook!