State Grants

New York State Residents
The New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) is for students residing in New York State and attending a college or university in New York State. Initially, there is not a separate TAP application. The TAP application is part of the FAFSA. In general, as long as the student is a New York State resident, provides their New York State permanent home address and indicates at least one college of interest located in New York State on the FAFSA, then the application will be filed when the FAFSA is completed and processed.

After the FAFSA is filed, the processing center will send the information to the TAP office (Higher Education Services Corporation - HESC). HESC will send the applicant an Express TAP Application (ETA) to complete the process. St. Lawrence's school code for TAP is 0775. More information about the TAP process and other general financial aid information may be found on line at

Vermont Residents: Vermont is one of the only states allowing the grant to be used at colleges outside of the state. This does require a separate application and information may be found at