Memo to: Safety Committee
From: Suna Stone-McMasters and Pat Gagnon,, Co-Chairs
Subject: Safety Committee Meeting Agenda, Monday, December 9, 2013
Student Center Room 336, 3:00-4:00 PM
Open comments, introductions and guests.
- Park Street Lighting – progress report.
- Providing GPS coordinates for all campus buildings to Emergency Services – Staff/student project progress report.
- Purchasing or creating better lab safety videos - progress report.
- Mustache Ride - status
- Providing AED at Augsbury/Newll Athletic Complex – progress report.
- Parking violations in the Dana loading dock area – progress report.
- Augsbury/Newell entrances to the training room and the rear entrance to Newell are sometimes blocked by golf carts and vehicles – progress report.
- Dana gate has been closing too quickly – progress report.
- Student Center loading dock/recycling area lighting – results of assessment.
- OFPC Fire Code Inspections – progress report.
- Use of service/assistant animals and 2010 changes to the Americans with Disabilities Act and potential impacts at SLU – a policy is in development.
- Park Street pedestrian Safety - addition of a new crosswalk on Park St. at KDS tabled pending capital request decision.
Meetings Fall ’13 – Spring ’14 will be held in the student center January 13, Feb. 10, March 10, April 14 and May 12. Meetings will be in SC 336.