Safety Committee Meeting Announcement and Agenda
Students, Staff and Faculty are welcome to attend Safety Committee meetings.
Memo to: St. Lawrence University Community
From: Pat Gagnon, Safety Committee Co-Chair
Subject: Safety Committee Meeting Agenda for Monday, April 13, 2015
Student Center Room 336, 2:00-3:00 PM
Open comments, introductions and guests.
- Park Street Lighting – Jim Kozsan will try four LED cutoffs at the ODY/62 Park Street crosswalk. Committee members will rate the illumination at that location before and after the lights are changed to LED. – Open
- Providing GPS coordinates to the St. Lawrence County Emergency Management Office – Suna Stone-McMasters and Patrick Gagnon reported that GIS/GPS Technician Dakota Casserly has collected GPS coordinates for building entrances and the project is almost completed. He met with Patrick Gagnon and Suna Stone-McMasters, additional buildings, loading docks and building entrances were added to the mapping. The finished project will be provided to the St. Lawrence County Emergency Management Office soon. – Open
- No accident/injury/incident reports were reviewed. On-going
- Discussion on the addition of the crosswalk on Park Street at KDS/54 Park Street. The cost to install the additional crosswalk is pending capital funding. Jim Kozsan reported that we have permission from the Village of Canton to install the crosswalk. Open
- Heather Renee Ford has requested to join the Safety Committee and to serve as Secretary. The committee accepted her request for membership and her appointment as Secretary.
- Stacy Vassar, joins Safety Committee.
- Suna Stone-McMasters reported that a capital request has been submitted for a new ventilation system for the spray painting booth in the basement of Griffith Hall.
- William Ritchie reported that the first round of NYS Fire Inspections has been completed and the date of the second round is to be determined.
- Park Street Lighting Survey – Before LED and After LED installation
- Discussion on changing day and time of future meetings.
Meetings will be held in the student center, room 336 on 4/13/15 and 5/11/15.
If you have any safety issues you would like added to the agenda, please forward to Pat Gagnon