SAFETY COMMITTEE MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT AND AGENDA
Students, Staff and Faculty are welcome to attend Safety Committee meetings
Memo to: St. Lawrence University Community
From: Susan C. Johnson, Safety Committee Secretary
Subject: Safety Committee Meeting Agenda for Friday, December 2, 2016
Student Center Room 232, 9:00-10:00 AM
Open comments, introductions and guests
Approval of the Minutes
1. Hill News Safety Square
2. Dean Eaton slate roof shingles – annual inspection will address this concern
3. NYS OFPC Inspections currently being conducted on campus
4. Safety concerns – students crossing streets and not using crosswalks – Pat G. sent out crosswalk safety reminder on 11/4/16
5. Marsha S. shared a Website with a lot of useful information https://www.ready.gov/campus
1. Meeting Times for Next Semester
2. Open table for all members with what needs to be discussed.
1. Park Street Lighting
2. Bill R. brought up the “After the Fire” presentation and the possibility of having them come to campus. This is a presentation by two survivors of a tragic fire at Seton Hall University in 2000. The committee discussed several options to encourage attendance including holding it during Orientation and making it FY Cup eligible. Will discuss with Josh Drake for CA training and have John Robert O’Connor discuss with Thelmo.
The location and times of the Spring 2017 meetings will be decided.
If you have any safety issues you would like added to the agenda, please forward to Susan Johnson.
Susan C. Johnson
Assistant to the AVP of Safety & Security and
Safety & Security
St. Lawrence University | Canton, NY 13617 | 315-229-5010/5554