Memo to: Safety Committee
From: Suna Stone-McMasters and Pat Gagnon,, Co-Chairs
Subject: Safety Committee Meeting Agenda, Monday, March 10, 2014
Student Center Room 336, 3:00-4:00 PM
Open comments, introductions and guests.
- Park Street Lighting - hiring a third party lighting consultant with experience designing street lighting to evaluate current conditions and make recommendations to improve safety of pedestrians and drivers.
- Providing GPS coordinates to the St. Lawrence County Emergency Management Office – progress report.
- Purchasing or creating better lab safety videos - progress report.
- OFPC Fire Code re-inspections – outcome report.
- Use of service/assistant animals and 2010 changes to the Americans with Disabilities Act and potential impacts at SLU – progress report.
- News article on safety guidelines for runners and walkers using Village and sidewalks – progress report.
- Lighting of the Winston Room catwalk – progress report.
- Integrated Pesticide Management Plan for 2014 pesticide applications.
- Park Street pedestrian Safety - addition of a new crosswalk on Park St. at KDS tabled pending capital request decision.
- Carnegie basement water infiltration – tabled pending capital request decision
- Request to allowing campus-sanctioned camping at the Sandbanks – tabled pending discussion in Buildings and Grounds Committee.
Meetings Spring ’14 will be held in the student center April 14 and May 12. Meetings will be in SC 336.