Admissions Procedures for Matriculating Students:
1. Complete the online Graduate Programs Application Form found at: https://stlawu.edu/forms/academics-st-lawrence.
2. Submit a statement of reasons for wishing to enter a graduate program. Each program has separate requirements and/or questions outlined on the application form. Visit https://www.stlawu.edu/education/personal-statement-admission for guidelines.
3. Arrange to have official transcripts of all previous undergraduate and graduate study forwarded to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
4. Arrange for (3) current letters of reference, attesting to your aptitude for graduate study (and where appropriate for work in the certificate area in the schools), sent directly by the writer to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
5. Arrange to have your GRE Exam results forwarded to the Office of Graduate Programs.
(Applicants to the Teacher Education and Educational Leadership Certification Programs only are required to take the GRE exams and must meet additional requirements, as specified in the program descriptions on our website.)
6. Arrange for an interview with the program coordinator.
7. For students whose first language is not English, results of the TOEFL test may be required.
8. Upon admission to our graduate programs, you will be required to provide proof of immunization against Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR), and you will be required to submit a signed MMV consent form. Health forms are available at: https://www.stlawu.edu/education/resource/immunization-forms-0
PLEASE NOTE: GRE Exams are required for those individuals who are applying to the Teacher Education and Educational Leadership Certification Programs. Please arrange to have your scores forwarded to the Office of Graduate Programs.
Enrolling in coursework as a Non-Matriculated Student:
1. Submit the online application for Non-Matriculating Students found at: https://www.stlawu.edu/education/form/non-matriculation-application
2. Arrange for a meeting with the program coordinator.
3. Students enrolling in less than 6 credit hours (2 courses) will not be required to provide proof of immunization against Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) and will not be required to submit a signed MMV consent form.
Students enrolling in 6 credit hours or more are required to provide proof of immunization against Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) and will not be allowed to attend classes until the required documentation has been received. Health forms are available at: https://www.stlawu.edu/education/resource/immunization-forms-0
PLEASE NOTE: Students enrolling as a non-matriculated student may only register for up to (4) courses before they are required to matriculate into a program of study.
Graduate Program Application Form:
The online application can be found by visiting https://stlawu.edu/forms/academics-st-lawrence. Paper applications may be obtained in the Office of Graduate Admissions, St. Lawrence University, Atwood Hall, Rm 20, and can be submitted to our office or faxed to (315) 229-7423. For additional information, contact the Department of Education at (315) 229-5861.
The completed application will be reviewed and considered by the Graduate Program Coordinator and the applicant will be notified of his/her action by mail. Application for admission must be submitted prior to the completion of 12 semester hours of graduate study (or 4 graduate courses). Any graduate coursework completed prior to admission MUST be approved by the advisor to be acceptable for credit in a degree program.
Information for Foreign Students
Each foreign student must have a completed Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) in order to study at the University. Upon the student's admission to the graduate program, the department of education will forward copies of the completed application and the letter of admission to the University's office of international and intercultural education. It is the student’s responsibility to work with that office to complete the following documents:
· copy of completed application
· copy of acceptance letter
· copy of Certificate of Finances
· copy of any financial aid award (if applicable)
Upon receipt of these documents, the University’s office of international and intercultural education will complete the Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) and send it to the student.
Information for University Employees and Assistant Coaches
Part-time, assistant coaches at St. Lawrence University are eligible to register for academic courses under tuition remission. If you are interested in applying to one of our graduate programs in Education, call the Office of Graduate Admission to make an appointment with one of our program coordinators. Please note that assistant coaches are exempt from the paying the $50 application fee.
Graduate Program Interest Form
If you are interested in any of our graduate programs and would like more information, please click the following link and complete the online form.