Admission Checklist for University Employees

Congratulations on being accepted into the graduate programs at St. Lawrence University! As a university employee, you are eligible to register for academic courses under the tuition remission benefit. Below is some information to help you get started with the process.

STEP 1: In your acceptance letter enclosed in this packet, you will find information on how to accept your offer of admission. You must confirm your acceptance before moving on to Step 2.

STEP 2: Once you have confirmed your acceptance into the program, you will need to contact your program coordinator/ advisor to review your course options and plan your schedule.

STEP 3: It is required that you submit the enclosed Tuition Benefit Application to the Human Resources Office prior to the start of each semester or summer session. Failure to do so will result in your receiving a tuition bill from Student Financial Services. Tuition Benefit Applications are also available in the Human Resources Office, Vilas G2.

STEP 4: Complete the enclosed Immunization Records forms. New York State Law requires proof of immunity to MMR, (measles, mumps, and rubella). If you were born before 1957, the law states you are exempt from this requirement. If you graduated from St. Lawrence University within the past 7 years and believe the Health Center may have your immunization record on file, please state your graduation year on the health form and return it to the Education Department/Office of Graduate Programs. Failure to return the completed form to the Office of Graduate Programs within 10 days prior to the start of classes will result in your registration being dropped and you will be prohibited from attending class until proof of immunity is provided.

Contact Security/Safety Office to obtain your parking permit for approved campus parking locations. You will be required to provide them with a copy of your acceptance letter found in this packet.

For questions about immunization requirements, please contact the Health Center at 229-5392 or For questions regarding billing of graduate tuition and fees, contact Student Financial Services at (315) 229-5581 or For questions regarding tuition benefits, contact Karen Butler in Human Resources at (315) 229-5596 or

Revised 6/2016