Agency and Placement Location: 7 Main Street, Canton, NY 13617 (1 mile from campus – downtown)
Transportation: Students must have a personal car to transport themselves or work together to coordinate transportation with other students attending placement.
Mission: The Church & Community Program (C&CP) was established in 1974 by members of several congregations in a cooperative effort to respond to needs of local residents by utilizing resources of both the Canton area churches and community (website).
- Computer project (database and reference list)
- Hands-on helping with food pantry
- Recipe project (nutrition education based on products available in pantry/cookbook for pantry families by pantry families)
- Thrift shop (inspecting and tagging clothes, designing window displays, helping customers)
- Update volunteer manual
- Assist with maintaining website (Wix.com)
Required Dress, Paperwork, Training:
- Confidentiality agreement
- Shadow to learn food points
- No flip-flops