The Community-Wide Account
A Community-Wide Account (CWA) is a declining-balance account that can be used to pay for goods and services at Brewer Bookstore, dining service locations, Stafford Fitness Center/Outdoor Programs, vending machines (limited to a maximum of $20 per day), and participating off-campus vendors. The CWA can also be used for payment of miscellaneous charges on a student account and for sales by student groups for apparel, registration fees, sale of tickets for campus events and donations to charities/class gifts. The minimum deposit into a CWA account is $25; maximum is $2,000. Cash withdrawals from the CWA account are not allowed.
How to Make Deposits to a Community-Wide Account
1. Mail a check and a completed deposit slip to Student Financial Services Office, SC 315 S t. Lawrence University 23 Romoda Dr. Canton, NY 13617
2. Make a deposit online at www.stlawu.edu/sfs using a credit card or debit card. The student St. Lawrence Campus ID number (provided in the letter that accompanies this New Student Guide) is needed to complete the transaction.
3. Make a deposit at Brewer Bookstore or the student financial services office.
NOTE: Students signed up for the 21-meal plan will receive a $50 starting balance on their CWA in the fall semester.
Terms and Conditions of the Community-Wide Account
- No cash withdrawal can be made from this account.
- Use of the account for purchasing is currently limited to Brewer Bookstore, dining service locations, the Stafford Fitness Center classes/Outdoor Program, vending machines, student mail center stamp purchase and participating off-campus vendors. It may also be used for payment of miscellaneous charges on a student account and for sales by student groups for apparel, registrations fees, sale of tickets for campus events and donations to charities/class gifts.
- A valid St. Lawrence University Campus ID Card (see the Planning Ahead section) is required in order to access your CWA.
- Online access is available at www.stlawu.edu/sfs to view an account's activity and balance.
- Any balance remaining at the end of a semester will automatically be rolled over to the next semester.
- Money remaining in the CWA is refunded only upon graduation, separation or withdrawal from the University. The University has the right to use funds remaining on the CWA to clear a balance due, e.g., an outstanding student account, before providing a refund.