This program offers students from all majors the opportunity to take part in a nearly full-time for-credit internship in Washington, DC. Students gain fundamental skills through a unique integration of academics and real-world experience.
- Based in Washington, DC
- Fall or Spring semester
- Pre-requisites: 2.8 GPA
- Internship based program
- Live in program residence/apartments
The Washington Center program is based in the nation's capital, Washington, DC. The city has a rich history as the home to the federal government as well as a significant cultural history with museums. parks, and monuments.
- Course work that compliments internship placements
- Throughout the semester you will develop a portfolio to document, analyze and reflect on your experience
- The LEAD Colloquium provides a structured set of activities that enrich your experience
- State-of-the-art residential and academic facility near Capitol Hill
Please click here to find the Program Calendar.
Pre-departure: The CIIS office organizes in depth orientation sessions on-campus prior to the students participation in the program. This includes a program specific session(s) in which the students will learn more about the program, local culture, academic expectations, and any other important information. There is also an orientation session lead by the CIIS office on culture shock, and what to expect, as well as safety and security while abroad.
If you are interested in learning more about the The Washington Center program please contact one of the following people.
Faculty Coordinator: Dr. Cynthia Bansak - Questions about program academics.