EXTENDED DEADLINE: Photo Contest Regulations
Patti McGill Peterson Center for International and Intercultural Studies
for International and
There will be a photo contest for students who have participated in a SLU off-campus program (which includes all study abroad programs, the Adirondack and Sustainability semesters, and all domestic semester programs), a SLU course with a travel component a SLU Summer Course, or SLU-sponsored enrichment or research grant. Photographs will be used for promoting SLU off-campus programs and winning photographs will be displayed in Carnegie Hall.
Deadline: Friday, October 25, 2013
1. Landscape/Cityscape -- must be in the country in which SLU program/course/project is based
- SLU student(s) involved in the host culture (hint: historically, not many photos have been submitted in this category, so your chances of winning are good. Another hint: SLU students standing and smiling in front of a building, sculpture, landmark or beautiful view doesn't show involvement in the host culture)
- A small detail from your daily life (something you saw or passed each day, the neighborhood newspaper seller, the corner lamp post, your front door, etc.)
- An academic or cultural component of the program (inside the classroom, favorite teacher, outdoor lecture, internship, host family, field trip)
Submitting Photos: Please submit your photos as full sized email attachments to CIIS. Please save/label each photo with your name, category and country (e.g., Jim Smith- detail-Spain). You must complete section of this form for each photo you submit. Often, a good description makes a photo "come alive."
- All photos must be associated with a SLU program, travel course, SLU summer program or an enrichment or research grant sponsored by SLU.
- Cropped photos are eligible in all categories, however, we do not accept digitally or otherwise enhanced or altered photos. If the judges determine that a submission has been altered, they reserve the right to disqualify it.
- Photo must be taken by student submitting the entry.
- All entries will be anonymous when judged.
- Students may submit up to 3 photos total.
Prizes: For each of the four categories, there will be
1st place -- $40 cash prize; included in photo show
2nd place -- $20 gift certificate for Brewer Bookstore; included in photo show
Honorable mention - photograph will be included in a photo shoto
For more information, please contact Katie Prue or drop by the Center for International and Intercultural Studies in Carnegie 108.
|Final Poster.pdf||3.79 MB|
|Photo Contest Rules.pdf||21.28 KB|