Community Coordinator Update: Spring 2014
I began my job as Community Coordinator for the Center for Civic Engagement in January of 2013. One of my main roles in the Center is to facilitate professional development and leadership opportunities for the Community Mentors (CMs). In the last year, our student staff have participated in the following workshops:
- Facilitation 101: How to be an Effective Facilitator
- Networking 101: How to Build Your Network
- Budgeting 101: How to Manage Your Money
- Exploring Excel: Basic Formulas and Data Entry
- Job Applications: How to Write an Effective Resume and Cover Letter
- Interviews: What to Expect and How to Respond
- Etiquette Dinner: Business Etiquette Skills
- Linkedin: How to Navigate the Most Popular Networking Site on the Web
- Google+: Creating an Online Portfolio
- Skill Scan: What are My Strengths and Weaknesses?
- Leadership Survey: Identifying Your Unique Leadership Strengths
- Being a Role Model: Love It or List It?
- Community Mentor Alumni Panel: Where are They Now?
In the year that I have been in this position, it has been extremely rewarding to watch the CMs apply the knowledge and skills from their experiences to their future beyond St. Lawrence University. I am thankful to the staff in Career Services and our Community Partners who have volunteered their time and knowledge to facilitating some of these workshops and look forward to offering similar opportunities in the future.
Alexandra (Alie) Sarhanis, Community Coordinator
Contact Alie: email@example.com