What does it take to enter and succeed in medical school?
- motivation and intelligence
- well-rounded high school and college education, including classes related to the study of human beings
- completion of college prerequisites for medical school entrance
- good academic performance: high grade point average—usually, between 3.5 and 4 on a 4-point scale
- preparation for and timely and successful performance on the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
- evidence of motivation for medicine, of interest in service, and of leadership
- good recommendations
- timely applications to medical schools
- good communication skills
—The American Medical Association
How to prepare for a career in medicine or health care? Attend a liberal arts institution. We'd like to introduce you to just a few of the graduates who are successful professionals in health and medicine, thanks to their St. Lawrence education.