Peer Advisor Application Process
Are you looking for campus employment for 2014-2015? Career Services is looking to hire new Peer Advisors. Consider applying for this position, one that will allow you to work on your own career development as you help your peers. Go to the Career Services webpage to access SAINTSLink for details about the position and apply through SAINTSLink by Friday, February 14th.
Career Services Student Peer Advisor Qualifications and Responsibilities
Peer Advisors play a vital role within the Career Services office. As a Peer Advisor, you will be exposed to many facets of the career development process. Training sessions will equip you with a variety of career-related skills including resume and cover letter preparation, and effective use of technology in a job or internship search so you can assist your peers. This is a paid position.
To qualify to be a Peer Advisor you must:
- Be a current first-year, sophomore or junior in good academic standing
- Have the desire to assist other students in the area of career development
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have good attention to detail
- Have an interest in presenting programs and providing outreach services to the campus community
- Have the willingness to learn computer programs including SAINTSLink and Microsoft Publisher
- Preferably not also hold the position of Community Assistant, as these positions both require a large time commitment and schedules/trainings can often conflict.
Apply through SAINTSLink by looking under 'job postings' for the Peer Advisor position. If you have questions, email Emily Marquart (email@example.com) or stop in to Career Services (Student Center 202).