Interview Travel Fund
Click here for an application - Eligible students must submit application materials a minimum of two business days prior to their scheduled interview (submit to the Career Services office in the Student Center).
Who is eligible?
- Currently matriculated seniors graduating during current academic year (December or May) who have completed either a mock interview or a Perfect Interview® reviewed by a Career Services and Leadership Education professional advisor. Juniors who are applying to internships with required interviews may also be eligible at the discretion of the Director of Career Services.
- Non-reimbursed expenses incurred by eligible students for full-time graduate or professional school interviews or full-time professional job interviews
- Expenses for hotel accommodations and transportation (i.e. air fare, train fare, automobile fuel, tolls, ferry passage)
What is the application deadline?
- Eligible students must submit application materials a minimum of two business days prior to their scheduled interview.
What is required for my application?
- For graduate school interviews, eligible students must provide a completed travel fund application, evidence of submitted graduate or professional school application (receipt letter or postcard from graduate school or program) and evidence that the interview is required for admission (program website, letter, or other resource)
- For full- time job interviews, eligible students must provide a completed travel fund application and written confirmation of interview and interview date (e-mail or letter from prospective employer)
How much funding can I receive?
- Eligible students can receive a one-time maximum award of $100.
- Each eligible student may receive only one award for an individual interviewing trip, but may receive an unlimited number of $100 maximum awards for any travels to consortium events. Students may receive up to $100 for travels to each of the following events: Eastern College Career Days (ECCD), Career and Internship Connections (CIC) and Teacher Recruitment Days (TRD). For example, if you attend ECCD Boston, CIC Boston, CIC New York, CIC Chicago and one individual interview, you could receive up to 5 awards totaling an amount up to $500.
When will I receive my award?
- Funding for approved applicants will be awarded upon submission of original receipts for travel and/or lodging expenses.
- Original receipts must be submitted within two weeks of interview date or award will be forfeited.
How much money is available?
- A designated amount of total monies (dependent upon fund availability) will be distributed each year. Half of the total amount will be allocated to fall semester funding and half will be allocated to spring semester funding. Any money left over from fall semester will be rolled over to the spring semester.