- Complete the alternative application form here.
- Upload the following documents to your online application form:
- Resume. Please provide a current, Career Services approved resume.
- Reference Page with at least two SLU references who can speak to your qualifications, abilities, and career goals. Please do not need to submit written letters of recommendation, only a reference page with contact information for your SLU references.
- Essay #1. Please provide an essay of no more than 600 words in which you discuss: your career and personal goals, how the internship relates to your future plans, what you hope to gain from this learning experience, and how this fellowship would be of value to you.
- Essay #2. Please provide an essay of no more than 600 words in which you discuss why this financial funding would be essential to completion of your internship, and explain any actions you will be taking to support yourself financially during your internship. Please do not repeat your budget information that is entered into the application form, but rather use this opportunity to explain any extenuating circumstances that is relevant to your financial need.
- Feel free to include any additional supporting documents.
- The following should be sent by e-mail, mail, or fax to Career Services at email@example.com:
- Written Confirmation of your internship from the internship supervisor or host site. Confirmation MUST include the following information: internship start and end dates, the number of hours you will work per week, and compensation. (You may submit the proposal without confirmation, but no funds will be disbursed until confirmation is received.)
- Housing Confirmation is required if you are applying for funding towards your housing expenses for the summer. This could include a lease agreement, student housing contract, or other written documentation deemed acceptable by the Career Services office. (You may submit your proposal without this confirmation, but no funds will be disbursed until confirmation is received.)
- If your internship is with a for-profit company, the employer MUST also complete the required U.S. Department of Labor compliance form.
Please note that it is your responsibility to notify Career Services if this proposal changes in any way. Failure to do so will invalidate your proposal and could result in full repayment of any awards made.
For more information about this award, please contact Career Services at x5906.