Delivering Cash to the Business Office
Deposits to the Business Office must be made by dropping the deposit in the locked, wooden box labeled “Deposits” near the entrance to the Business Office. Specific procedures for making such deposits are as follows:
- Funds and deposit information must be enclosed in an envelope.
- Deposit must include cash remittance form which indicates the responsible department, date, and amount of deposit. Cash remittance provide assurance that the deposit will be entered into the correct budget.
- Deposit must be accompanied by a pre-numbered receipt located on the top of the wooden box indicating the amount, date, account code to credit, as well as name of department and employee making the deposit (see example on top of the deposit box). Please be sure to write the receipt number on the envelope.
- The pre-numbered receipts are on three-ply paper. You take the white, leaving the yellow and pink in the book. The deposit is ready to be put in the deposit box.
- Departments should review account activity on SLU Portal within 2 days to ensure their deposits are correctly recorded in the account indicated on their receipt. Any discrepancies should be brought to the attention of Janet Rowe at X5570 immediately.