SLU Articulation Agreement with the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program at Clarkson University
Up to two St. Lawrence University students per year may reserve a slot in the Clarkson University Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program provided that they meet the following standards:
- An undergraduate degree prior to matriculation into the DPT professional curriculum.
- Overall GPA of 3.20
- A minimum pre-requisite course GPA of 3.20
- A minimum 2.00 grade in each pre-requisite course (listed below)
- 50 verified hours of observation or volunteer experience in health care activities, of which 35 must be in a physical therapy practice
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from the SLU Health Careers Committee
- Interview with Clarkson DPT faculty. The Clarkson faculty will be invited to participate in the SLU Health Careers Committee, but a separate interview may also be required.
In addition, students must complete their application to the DPT program at Clarkson University using the Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service (PTCAS) (www.ptcas.org) by October 5th of the year prior to potential admission (junior year at SLU) to be considered for a reserved slot.
PREREQUISITE Course Requirements
- BIOL 250 – Introduction to Cell Biology
- BIOL 341 – Anatomy and Physiology I with lab OR BIOL 351 - Anatomy and Physiology II with lab
- CHEM 103 and 104 – General Chemistry with lab MATH 134, 135 or 136 (complete one of these)
- PHYS 103 and 104 OR PHYS 151 and 152 with lab
- PSYCH 100 or 101 – Introductory Psychology (with or without lab)
- PSYCH 207 – Developmental Psychology
- STATS 113 – Applied Statistics
- and 2 classes that are relevant to Health Care such as SOC 275 – Medical Sociology or BIOL 412 - Cross Cultural Perspectives of Healing. As an alternative, students can cross register for PT 104 and PT 304 at Clarkson University.