Two SLU students per year may secure an interview slot for the Clarkson University Physician Assistant Program by meeting the following standards. This interview is conducted at Clarkson University as part of their standard application process.
- Bachelor’s degree from St. Lawrence University*
- Overall GPA of 3.25
- A minimum pre-requisite course GPA of 3.25
- A minimum 3.0 grade in each pre-requisite course (listed below)
- Three recommendation letters: one letter from a health care professional (MD, DO, PA, NP), the SLU Health Careers Committee letter, and an additional recommendation letter
- A minimum of 500 hours of documented patient care experience is to be completed by the time of admission, with a minimum of 300 hours completed at the time of application.
- GRE exam scores sent to Clarkson University.
- One day spent shadowing/observing a clinically practicing Physician Assistant. A separate Clarkson PA program form must be completed by the PA validating the experience.
- Completed CASPA (the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants) application, meeting all deadlines and requirements
PREREQUISITE Course Requirements
- BIOL 101 and 102 General Biology with lab
- BIOL 231 Microbiology with lab
- BIOL 245 or 246 Genetics
- BIOL 341 Anatomy & Physiology I with lab
- BIOL 351 Anatomy & Physiology II with lab
- 2 additional biology courses, one of which can be an SYE research project
- CHEM 103 and 104 General Chemistry with lab
- CHEM 221 Organic Chemistry with lab
- STATS 113 Applied Statistics
- 1 course in the Humanities/Social Sciences
- 1 course in Psychology (upper level recommended)
*All prerequisite courses are to be completed at St. Lawrence University prior to graduation. If granted acceptance to the PA Program prior to graduation, that acceptance will be conditional upon completing all prerequisites, maintaining the required minimum GPA and graduating from St. Lawrence University.