Basketball Team (Summer Sport School)
July 12-14, 2013
Boys Only; Camp is limited to 24 JV and Varsity teams.
$145.00 per player overnight, or $375.00 per team commuter.
The St. Lawrence University basketball team camp is designed to provide younger basketball athletes with an opportunity to learn, share and prepare for their upcoming season.
The basketball team camp features:
* Situation Tournament which will expose your teams to late game pressures and will help you as a coach with end of the game strategy.
* Court time for practice
* Coaches social Saturday night- A great time to sit and socialize with others.
* Camp shirts for all coaches and players
* At the conclusion of the camp, the university will provide a campus tour for anyone interested in SLU as a possible college choice. At the end of the tour our admissions staff will provide all seniors with an application fee waiver (a $60 value).
* Each team will play a minimum of six games throughout the weekend: two Friday, three Saturday, and one on Sunday.
* Sunday will be rounds of elimination-playing until your team loses.
* Tournament format-Team champions for varsity and JV competitions.
* All games will be officiated and the score and time will be kept.
* Resident campers will receive two nights lodging at a university dormitory, four meals and a t-shirt.
* Meals are buffet style and All-you-can-eat.
* Commuters will receive t-shirts, game competition and awards
* Coaches should fill out form and return as soon as possible
* A deposit of $200 is due by June 15 to reserve your team's spot in the camp.
* Medical forms will be sent upon receipt of application or can be printed from here.
* The balance is due on or before the first day of camp.
Meet the Coach: Chris Downs, Head Men's Basketball Coach at St. Lawrence University
Coach Downs has taken St. Lawrence to 11 post season appearances, including one NCAA Elite Eight, one NCAA Sweet 16, one NCAA Second Round, two ECAC semifinals, two ECAC finals, one ECAC championship and multiple Liberty League Tournaments. Downs has been named NABC East Region, New York State and Liberty League Coach of the Year.
The Liberty League and Northeast Regional Coach of the Year as a rookie head coach in 1997-98, he led his Saints to the best season in SLU history with a 24-2 overall record and a spot in the NCAA Tournament. Most recently, Downs guided St. Lawrence to the 2009 NCAA Tournament where they advanced to the "Sweet 16."
A former Athlete of the Year, Downs received a bachelor's in elementary education from Oneonta State. Coach Downs has also worked at Division II LeMoyne College and Potsdam State.
Chris Downs 315-229-5836