Lions Top Saints, 8-1
March 11: The St. Lawrence University men's tennis team fell to The College of New Jersey on Monday by the score of 8-1 in its opening match of Orlando competition. The Lions improve to 5-0 on the season, winning all three of their matches over spring break. Meanwhile, the Saints' three-game win streak comes to an end as the team moves to 4-2 on the season.
Senior co-captain Michael Hayden earned the lone point for the Saints, earning a 6-2, 6-1 victory at first singles over Marc Nichols. He and doubles partner Paul Barrett also nearly pulled out a win at second doubles but would suffer the 8-6 loss.
St. Lawrence will look to rebound from the loss on Tuesday when it faces Roger Williams at 8:00 am.
The College of New Jersey 8, St. Lawrence University 1
1. Michael Hayden (SLU) def. Marc Nichols (TCNJ) 6-2, 6-1
2. TJ Riley (TCNJ) def. John Megas (SLU) 6-2, 6-3
3. Jack August (TCNJ) def. Robert Schmitz (SLU) 6-1, 6-0
4. Howard Telson (TCNJ) def. Rhonny Rosario (SLU) 6-0, 6-1
5. Pierce Cooper (TCNJ) def. Alan Shortz (SLU) 6-2, 6-3
6. Jordan Cruz (TCNJ) def. Tom Timpone (SLU) 6-1, 6-0
1. Marc Nichols/Howard Telson (TCNJ) def. Robert Schmitz/John Megas (SLU) 8-2
2. Jordan Cruz/Billy Buchbinder (TCNJ) def. Michael Hayden/Paul Barrett (SLU) 8-6
3. Pierce Cooper/Jack August (TCNJ) def. Rhonny Rosario/Thomas Luchars (SLU) 8-2