The Associate Dean of Student Life also has responsibilities for diversity and Multicultural Affairs and is committed to working with students, staff, and faculty to foster a cooperative, diversified and productive atmosphere at St. Lawrence University. This office assists students from various ethnic, social and cultural backgrounds in making a smooth transition to college life in the North Country.
Other tasks would include the following:
- Work with student organizations/groups in developing multicultural programming.
- Provide leadership training for cultural groups.
- Advise MIC (Men in Color) support group.
- Advise and assist theme living areas with cultural programming.
- Advise multicultural groups in programming and assessment of campus climate.
- Work with Vice President and Dean in the development and programming for Presidential Diversity Scholars.
- Work with CHAS – Consortium of Higher Achievement and Success.
- Support for gay, lesbian and transgender students and organizations.