Laurentians love stories. In 2017, we shared more than 90 of them here on the St. Lawrence Blog, a space that gives students (and sometimes faculty, staff members and alumni) a chance to share their St. Lawrence tales, perspectives and insights to help future Saints better understand what sets our community apart from other colleges and universities.
The blog is one the most popular parts of the St. Lawrence Admissions website. In 2017, visits to the blog’s homepage and our audience's favorite 10 posts shared this year totaled more than 15,000 views. In case you missed some of them, here is your chance to catch up.
- Secret Off-Campus Getaways: Five Places to Go in Under an Hour by Annie Williams ’17
- Seven Keys to Your First Year at St. Lawrence by Josh Elmer ’20 & The Class of 2020 Council
- Directions to SLU: Head North to Meet the Experts by Maddie St. Pierre ’18
- Growing Up with a SLU Parent: Reliving Your Parent’s Experience While Also Creating Your Own by Colby Hoffman ’20
- When I Knew St. Lawrence Was Right For Me by Thomas Faraday ’18
- I Came To St. Lawrence To Go To Prison by Emma Stechschulte ’19
- Home Is Where I Started All Along by Sydney Fallone ’17
- Skin of My Color by Maxime Bost-Brown ’17
- My Alma Mater by Maeve Walsh ’17
- Advice to High School Seniors from a College Senior by Olivia Hess ’18
Don’t forget to check out the Blog’s 'All-Time Most Popular Posts' list, too! (Posts with an asterisk [*] are new additions to the list.)
- Top Five Local Breakfast Options by Eliza Cowie ’17
- There’s Something About This Place by Kara McDuffee ‘15
- Body Beautiful Week: A Personal Story by Madeline Wetterhahn ’15
- How Chocolate Milk Changed My Life by Jacob St. Pierre ’16
- An Open Letter to Facilities Staff by Jacob St. Pierre ’16
- 19 Facts That Make Us Fall in Love With SLU All Over Again by Lexi Bullen '18*
- Secret Off-Campus Getaways: Five Places to Go in Under an Hour by Annie Williams ’17*
- The Last First Days by Charlotte Crawford ’16
- Why St. Lawrence Wasn't My First Choice (But It Should Have Been) by Maya Bryant '19*
- Ten Things I Wish I’d Known as a First-Year Student by Laura Stasi ‘15
Are you interested in adding your story or perspective to the blog in 2018? Contact email@example.com.